Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 36th Surajkund International Crafts Mela at Faridabad, Haryana. On the inaugural occasion, he urged everyone to consider locally produced handicraft items when looking for gifts for their friends and relatives.
He underscored that such an approach would not only help in the conservation of many unique art forms but also enhance the economic condition of the talented artisans & craftsmen.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Vice-President Inaugurated 36th Surajkund Handicrafts Mela in Haryana – Key Points
- The Vice President informed that the Surajkund Mela is an amazing display of the incredible diversity and heritage of India’s craftsmanship.
- He lauded the state government and organizers of the Mela for their efforts to showcase and promote the creativity and talent of India’s craftsmen.
- Referring to various innovative steps such as Mudra Yojana, One District, One Product, and Unity Malls, Dhankhar informed that the Government is committed to promoting Indian craft, handlooms, and folk art through all possible means.
- He Praised the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman, an initiative for craftsmen in this year’s Budget, he noted that it would help the Vishwakarma to expand the reach and quality of their creations.
- The Vice President noted that Northeastern states are very important stakeholders in India’s look-east & act-east policy, which is turning out to be very impactful.
- Vice President Dhankhar also exhorted the youth to always keep ‘Bharat first’ and asked them to read and practice Fundamental Duties as enumerated in the constitution.
- The Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2023 inaugurated by the Vice President will be open from 3rd to 19th February 2023 at Surajkund, Haryana.