A joint initiative by the Vidisha District Administration and the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), Department of Telecommunications (DoT), under the direction of Additional Secretary (Telecom) & Administrator USOF, made Vidisha, a district of Madhya Pradesh, the first district ever in India for on-ground implementation of groundbreaking 5G use cases proposed by startups.
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has been fostering partnerships of Digital Communication Tech – startups & SMEs to potential user communities, viz. State governments, Smart cities, Aspirational districts, vertical industries, etc., through the Telecom Startups & MSMEs Mission (TSuM) & 5G Vertical Engagement Partnership Program (VEPP). This is accomplished to accelerate Digital Transformation across socio-economic verticals.
To implement 5G/4G/IoT innovative approaches of Startups & SMEs at Vidisha (Aspirational district), Madhya Pradesh with a primary focus on Health, Agriculture, Diary, Education & Skill Development, benefiting the Vidisha community as a whole, the “5G use case promotional pilot” is being spearheaded by the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), DoT, which is a trailblazer in emerging Digital communication Technologies.
The following 5G/IoT use cases were demonstrated by startups in collaboration with C-DOT:
- Superceuticals– 5G/4G Enabled smart health kiosk for measuring vitals & performing tests almost instantaneously
- Ambupod: 5G/4G Enabled Auto Ambulance with basic life safety support & measurement of vitals with remote doctor support.
- LogyAI: Cataract Eye Screening application using smart phone for quick & effective screening of cataract disease
- Easiofy: AR/VR-3D visualization application for Lung & Brain scans (CT/XRAY etc.) for effective diagnosis.
- TechXR: AR/VR- 3D immersive experience kit for students for enhanced learning & teaching tool for innovative teaching mehods.
- BKC Aggregators: Fasal Salah App- personalized crop advisory for farmers to take informed decisions and connecting with Mandis/Traders, state subsidies/insurance for crops
- Dvara- Surabhi: Unique Biometric muzzle identity of cattle to be used by state department and insurance companies, and predicting health status of cattle to be used by dairy farmers
- C-DOT (R&D Arm of DoT): One stop platform integrating all the health suits enabling Tele consultation and e-learning solution suit.
Under 5G use case promotional pilot, aforementioned use cases will be deployed at community & district health centers Model Schools, Agri & Dairy Farmers, skill development centers for a period of 1 year and may be extended subsequently as per the need. These digital solutions will also be powered by BharatNet broadband to provide uninterrupted services to user communities of Vidisha.