The Ministry of Culture has organized a grand curtain raiser cultural program ‘Sur Sarita’-Symphony of Ganga’ on the launch event of the world’s longest river cruise at Varanasi. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the cruise on 13th January 2023. The grand concert named ‘Sur Sarita’-Symphony of Ganga’ was led by the renowned Indian singer Shankar Mahadevan at Kashi Vishwanath Corridor.
On the occasion, Union Minister of Ports, Shipping, and waterways and AYUSH, Sarbananda Sonowal noted that the world’s longest river cruise is going to be launched with the inauguration of the MV Ganga Vilas which will create new history in the waterways sector of India and will mark the beginning of a new era of river cruise tourism.
Grand Cultural Program ‘Sur Sarita-Symphony of Ganga’ Organised in Varanasi- Key Points
- At the launch event, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath informed that Kashi will launch itself for a new era with the help of a river cruise.
- Kashi is known as the cultural and spiritual capital of the world and under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Kashi has established itself on the global stage while maintaining its ancient soul.
- Uttar Pradesh CM also added that along with land and sky, Kashi is now going to be connected through waterways as well.
- During the concert, other dignitaries including tourists traveling on Ganga Vilas Cruise got acquainted with the importance of Mother Ganga and their responsibilities towards her, along with enjoying the Sur Taranginis.
- Ganga Vilas Cruise will cross Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Bangladesh, and Assam in a journey of 51 days.
- These places have their history of mythology and legends associated with the river. Songs for the concert were chosen from different states to give different flavors to the concert.
- Folk musicians from Assam, Bihar, and Bengal joined popular singer Shankar Mahadevan to pay homage to the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Brahmaputra.