MV Ganga Vilas cruise in Varanasi
The world’s longest river cruise, the MV Ganga Vilas, which will travel 3,200 km over 27 river systems in five states in India and Bangladesh in 51 days, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday, January 13, 2022.
MV Ganga Vilas cruise in Varanasi: Key Points:
- The first cruise ship ever built in India, the MV Ganga Vilas, set out from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and will go via Bangladesh to Dibrugarh in Assam.
- The 51-day cruise has 50 stops planned, including major cities like Patna in Bihar, Sahibganj in Jharkhand, Kolkata in West Bengal, Dhaka in Bangladesh, and Guwahati in Assam.
- These destinations include world heritage sites, national parks, river ghats, and world heritage sites.
What is ‘New age tourism’?
- The launch of the Ganga boat service is a watershed event that will usher in a new era of tourism in India, according to the Prime Minister, who also extended an invitation to overseas visitors to visit the nation and experience its vibrancy.
- The river trip will encourage tourism and generate new employment prospects.
- The MV Ganga Vilas trip is designed to showcase the best of the nation to the globe.
- The trip would allow the tourists the chance to set out on an experience journey and savour the art, culture, history, and spirituality of India and Bangladesh.
About the Luxury Cruise:
- The luxury cruise has three decks, 18 suites, a capacity for 36 passengers, and all the luxuries facilities.
- 32 Swiss tourists have signed up for the entire duration of the inaugural trip.