Union Minister of State Science and Technology, Dr. Jitendra Singh released the theme for the “National Science Day 2023”, titled “Global Science for Global Wellbeing” at National Media Centre. At the event, Union Minister of State Science and Technology, Minister of State Earth Sciences, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh expressed his deep gratitude to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his meticulous guidance on the theme, subject, and events on the National Science Day.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh Released Theme for National Science Day 2023- Key Points
- Dr. Jitendra Singh noted that the theme of “Global Science for Global Wellbeing” is perfectly in sync with India assuming the Presidency of G-20.
- India has acquired Global Visibility in the Comity of Nations under Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is ready for outcome-oriented Global Collaboration to address Global challenges.
- The National Science Day is celebrated every year on 28th February to commemorate the discovery of the “Raman Effect”.
- The Government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day in 1986.
- On this day, CV Raman announced the discovery of the “Raman Effect” for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930.
Adda247 Yearbook 2022 Download PDF
About National Science Day
National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28th February every year to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist CV Raman on 28th February 1928. He was awarded the nobel prize in 1930. National Science Day is celebrated to spread a message about the importance of science used in the daily life of the people. It is celebrated to highlight all the activities, efforts, and achievements in the field of science for human welfare.