NITI Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent with the United Nations World Food Program (WFP). The partnership focuses on mainstreaming millets and supporting India in taking lead globally in knowledge exchange using the opportunity of 2023 as an International Year of Millets. The government of India observed 2018 as a year of millets.
- The partnership between NITI Aayog and UN WEP focuses to mainstream the millets and supporting India in taking a lead internationally in knowledge exchange amid the recognition of 2023 as an International Year of Millets.
- This partnership also aims to build resilient livelihoods for small farmers and adaptation capacities towards climate change as well as transforming food systems.
- The Statement of Intent focuses on strategic and technical collaboration between both parties, in order to strengthen climate-resilient agriculture for enhanced food & nutrition security across India.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NITI Aayog Formed: 1 January 2015;
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi;
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi;
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar;
- NITI Aayog CEO: Amitabh Kant;
- United Nations World Food Programme Founded: 1961;
- United Nations World Food Programme Headquarters: Rome, Italy;
- United Nations World Food Programme Executive Director: David Beasley.