The NTA has started the registration procedure of the applicants for the scholarship programme on the NTA’s website by 10th August 2023 under the YASASVI Scheme.
Why in PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the application procedure for the scholarship entrance examination 2023 launched under the scheme of PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI).
The NTA invited applications through its official website, yet.nta.an.in from July 11th, 2023 to August 10th, 2023. The government has planned to offer 15,000 scholarships ranging from Rs.75,000 to Rs.1,25,000 per year to class 9-12 meritorious students through the PM YASASVI Scholarship test.
PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme Entrance Test 2023 Highlights
YASASVI Entrance exam will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) format. The other details about the entrance exam are given below:
Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
Application start date: 11th July 2023
Last date for application: 10th August 2023
Date of examination: 29th September 2023
Mode of the exam: Online mode
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Exam fee: no fee
Number of questions: 100 mcq’s
Number of scholarships: 15,000
Official website: yet.nta.ac.in
Structure of PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme Entrance Exam:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Awareness/ Knowledge||25||100|
PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment offer scholarships to meritorious students under the PM YASAVI Scheme. The scholarship is restricted to OBC, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic tribes, DNT. Students in 9th grade and those in 11th grade are awarded scholarships at two different levels. The written examination of the scholarship test is known as YASASVI Entrance Test.
Objective of PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme
The main of the PM YASASVI Scheme is to provide scholarships to students from various impoverished classes. PM YASASVI Scheme scholarship provides these students with the resources they need to become financially independent and continue their studies.
Benefits of PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme
The benefits provided to the students under the PM YASASVI Scheme are as under:
- Students of class 9th will be provided with financial benefit of Rs.75,000 per year.
- Students of class 11th will be provided with financial benefit of Rs.1,25,000 per year.
- This scholarship is absolutely transparent and will be conducted to international standards.
Eligibility Criteria of PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme
The following prerequisites must be met in order to be admitted in the entrance exam:
- The applicant must have permanent residency in India.
- A candidate must fall in one of the following categories: OBC/ EBC/ DNT SAR/ NT/ SNT.
- Applicants must have cleared the eighth grade in order to sit for the tenth grade examinations.
- The yearly income of the applicant’s parents should not exceed Rs.2.5 lakh.
- All genders can apply for the exam.
How to get registered under the PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme?
One must follow the following steps to get registered under the PM YASASVI Scheme:
- Visit the official website of NTA i.e., yet.nta.ac.in.
- On the home page, click on the registration tab.
- Fill up all the required detail such as name, e-mail and date of birth and log-in using the generated credentials.
- Enroll yourself for the YASASVI entrance scholarship test 2023.
- Submit all the details.
- Save the page for future reference.