World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February each year to recognize radio as a powerful medium, which brings people together from every corner of the globe, to promote diversity and help build a more peaceful and inclusive world.
The theme of World Radio Day 2021 is “New World, New Radio”.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching | Bilingual
On the occasion of World Radio Day 2021 (WRD 2021), UNESCO calls on radio stations to celebrate this event’s 10th anniversary and the more than 110 years of radio through three sub-themes.
- Evolution: The world changes, radio evolves – radio is resilient and sustainable;
- Innovation: The world changes, radio adapts and innovates- radio adapts to new technologies and remains the go-to medium of mobility, accessible everywhere and to everyone;
- Connection: The world changes, radio connects – radio services our society during natural disasters, socio-economic crises, epidemics, etc.
History of the day:
The day was Proclaimed in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day, February 13 became World Radio Day (WRD).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- UNESCO headquarters: Paris, France.
- UNESCO Head: Audrey Azoulay.
- UNESCO Founded: 16 November 1945.
- United Nations Headquarters in New York, USA.
- Mr Antonio Guterres is the Secretary-General of the United Nations.