Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress (YSRC) elected Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, as its “president for life.” Following a change to the party’s constitution, the following decision was made following the two-day plenary of the YSRC. Jagan Mohan Reddy would be given lifetime leadership of the YSRCP, according to Vijayasai Reddy, the leader of the YSRC’s Parliamentary Party.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- In order to assist her daughter YS Sharmila in Telangana, YS Vijayamma, the mother of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, stated that she is considering resigning from her position as honorary president of the YSRCP.
- She also launched the YSR Telangana Party in 2021 with the intention of challenging the state’s assembly elections.
- After parting with the Congress in March 2011, Jagan Mohan Reddy founded the YSRCP.
- He has held the position of party president while his mother Vijayamma has served as honorary president.
About Jagan Mohan Reddy:
- Yeduguri Sandinti Jagan Mohan Reddy, also known as Y. S. Jagan or Jagan is an Indian politician who has been leading Andhra Pradesh as its 17th and current chief minister since 2019.
- He founded and currently leads the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP).
- He is the son of Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, the former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
- Between 2014 and 2019, he presided as the opposition’s leader in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.