HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SUMMIT:-
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur launched the themes of Y20 summit, logo, and website in the Curtain raiser event of Y20 Summit India in New Delhi. India is hosting the Y20 summit for the first time. Panel Discussion on “How India can harness its youth population to be a superpower” was also held in the second session of today’s event.
Anurag Thakur also spoke about the Themes of Y20 i.e.
- Future of Work: Industry 4.0, Innovation & 21st Century skills,
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability a way of life,
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation: Ushering in an era of No War,
- Shared Future: Youth in Democracy and Governance and Health, Wellbeing & Sports: Agenda for Youth.
For India, the G20 Presidency also marks the beginning of “Amritkaal”, the 25-year period beginning from the 75th anniversary of its independence on 15 August 2022, leading up to the centenary of its independence, towards a futuristic, prosperous, inclusive, and developed society, distinguished by a human-centric approach at its core. India is playing a significant role in finding workable solutions at the international level to ensure holistic well-being embodying the idea of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
- The Y20 is the official youth engagement group for the G20 (Group of 20), the forum for the world’s largest and most advanced economies.
- The Y20 is a process which brings together young leaders from across the globe, to discuss and debate global challenges and agree policy recommendations they would like to see G20 leaders take forward.
- The list of policy recommendations is known as a communiqué, which is announced publicly at the Y20 Summit and presented to world leaders as part of the official G20 summit.
- India is hosting the Y20 summit for the first time.
- In Youth 20 Engagement Group, India’s key focus is to bring young leaders from all across the globe together and discuss ideas for a better tomorrow and draft an agenda for action.
- The activities to be undertaken by Y20 during India’s presidency will focus on global youth leadership and partnership.
- In a run-up to the final Youth-20 Summit, for the next eight months, there will be Pre summits on the five Y20 themes along with various discussions and seminars at different Universities across the country.