India-France Joint Staff Talks
The 20th edition of the India-France Joint Staff talks focused on new initiatives within the framework of the existing bilateral defence cooperation mechanism, as well as improving current defence engagements. The two-day talks took place in a nice, warm, and courteous setting in Paris. The Joint Staff Consultations between India and France are a forum intended to improve defence cooperation between the two countries through frequent talks at the operational and strategic levels.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Key Points of India-France Joint Staff Talks:
- The 20th edition of Joint Talks between India and France ended with the goal of actively enhancing defence cooperation.
- The two-day meetings focused on new projects that come under the existing bilateral defence cooperation umbrella, as well as the enhancement of ongoing defence engagements between the two countries.
- The India-France Joint Staff Forum was established with the goal of improving strategic and operational defence cooperation between the two countries.
- It is important to remember that one of the main pillars of the India-France Strategic Partnership is defence and security cooperation.
- India and France have agreed on a blueprint for the blue economy and ocean governance.
- The 20th edition of the India-France Joint Talks took place in the midst of both countries signing a roadmap to improve bilateral blue economy exchanges, forge a common vision of ocean governance based on the rule of law, and collaborate on sustainable and resilient coastal and waterways infrastructure.
- The sides will strive toward ocean governance, particularly through coordination in relevant international organisations, to ensure the sustainable use of marine resources.
- India and France share a mutual interest in the blue economy and coastal resiliency.
Important Takeaways for Competitive exams:
- India’s External Affairs Minister: Dr. S Jaishankar;
- Chief of the Army Staff: General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here