Satish Kashinath Marathe, Swaminathan Gurumurthy, Revathy Iyer, and Sachin Chaturvedi have all been renominated by the national government to serve as part-time, non-official directors on the RBI’s central board or central board of the Reserve Bank of India. The RBI said on its website that Gurumurthy and Marathe have been renominated for another term of four years, until further instructions for RBI’s central board.
RBI’s central board: Key Points
- After the RBI’s central board current terms expire on September 18, 2022, Iyer and Chaturvedi have been renominated for another four years.
- Anand Mahindra, the chairman of the Mahindra & Mahindra group, Venu Srinivasan, Pankaj Patel, the chairman of Zydus Lifesciences, and Ravindra Dholakia, a former member of the Monetary Policy Committee, were nominated by the government in June to serve as part-time non-official directors on the RBI’s central board.
- Members of the RBI’s central board offer a bigger picture for the central bank rather than getting personally involved in monetary policy decisions.
RBI’s central board: Important Takeaways
- Chairman of the Mahindra & Mahindra group: Anand Mahindra
- Chairman of Zydus Lifesciences: Pankaj Patel
- TVS Motors Chairperson: Venu Srinivasan