The team Uzbekistan has won the gold medal in the Open section of the 44th Chess Olympiad which concluded. Team Armenia won silver while the India-2 team settled for bronze in Open Section. In the women’s section, Ukraine won the gold medal. Team Georgia won the silver, while the India-1 team won the bronze medal.
44th Chess Olympiad:
- The 44th Chess Olympiad was organised by the International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation (FIDE) in Chennai, India from July 28 to August 09, 2022.
- India hosted the Chess Olympiad for the first time. It consisted of open and women’s tournaments.
- The total number of participants was 1,737, including 937 in the Open and 800 in the Women’s event.
- Overall 188 teams were registered from 186 nations in the Open section and 162 from 160 nations in the Women’s section.
- The main venue of the Chess Olympiad was the convention centre at the Four Points by Sheraton.
- The opening and closing ceremonies were held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.