M.K. Stalin, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, unveiled the logo and mascot for the 44th Chess Olympiad, which will take place in Mamallapuram next month. Between July 28 and August 10, approximately 2,000 players from over 180 countries will compete in the international event. Mr. Stalin also unveiled a countdown clock for the Olympiad at the Greater Chennai Corporation’s headquarters, Ripon Buildings.
- Ministers for Health Ma. Subramanian, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments P.K. Sekarbabu, Youth Welfare and Sports Development Siva V. Meyyanathan, and Tourism Minister M. Mathiventhan were all in attendance.
- Mayor R. Priya of the Greater Chennai Corporation, Chief Secretary V. Irai Anbu, and All India Chess Federation president Sanjay Kapoor, as well as other officials, were in attendance.
- The Chess Olympiad torch will be carried across the country soon before being lit in the venue on the first day of the competition.
- After the World Championship encounter between India’s Viswanathan Anand and Magnus Carlsen in 2013, this is Chennai’s second big international chess event. The international tournament preparations are moving at a breakneck speed.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu: M.K. Stalin
- All India Chess Federation president: Sanjay Kapoor