Russia chaired the 4th Meeting of the BRICS Anti-Drug Working Group. The session which was held over video conference, featured the participation of delegates from Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa and India. Rakesh Asthana, Director General, Narcotics Control Bureau led the Indian delegation that participated in the meeting.
Points discussed during the meeting is as follows:
- Outlook of the drug situation in the BRICS states.
- The international as well as the regional trends of illegal trafficking in narcotic drugs and the psychotropic substances.
- Real time data sharing among the member states i.e. Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa and India.
- The need to restrict the increased instances of drug trafficking via maritime routes.
- The misuse of darknet including other advanced technologies for drug trafficking.