Elon Musk becomes most followed Twitter user
Elon Musk, the CEO of Twitter, has achieved the highest number of followers on the platform, exceeding former US President Barack Obama, who held the record since 2020. According to Guinness World Records, Twitter has around 450 million monthly active users, and Elon Musk has accumulated more than 133 million followers, which accounts for about 30% of the platform’s total users. Musk assumed the role of CEO of Twitter on October 27, 2022, with 110 million followers, and within five months, his followers increased to 133 million. Previously, he ranked third after Barack Obama and Justin Bieber in terms of the most followed Twitter users.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Social Blade’s statistics tracker reports that over the past 30 days, Barack Obama has lost 267,585 followers, and Justin Bieber has lost 118,950, while Elon Musk has gained more than 3 million followers, with an average of over 100,000 new followers per day.
- Twitter accounts are now verified and categorized into three types with different colored checkmarks: Gold check for companies, grey check for government, and blue check for individuals, whether they are celebrities or not. All verified accounts will undergo a manual authentication process before the checkmark is activated.
- The blue verification mark is now exclusively available to Twitter Blue subscribers. In India, this subscription can be accessed for a monthly fee of ₹650 on the web and ₹900 on mobile devices.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Twitter Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
- Twitter Founded: 21 March 2006, San Francisco, California, United States
- Twitter CEO: Elon Musk (27 Oct 2022–)