5G Launch: The nation’s 5G services were officially inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1st, 2022, ushering in a period of ultra-high-speed mobile internet, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office. The sixth iteration of the India Mobile Congress was also launched by PM Modi.
5G Launch by PM Modi: Key Points
- Speaking to the crowd, PM Modi stated that the government and the country’s telecom industry are giving 130 crore Indians a fantastic present in the shape of 5G.
- A new era in the nation is ringing in with the arrival of 5G. A limitless sky of options will open up with 5G.
- The PM continued by saying that the New India will actively participate in the creation and use of technology rather than simply becoming a consumer of it.
- Future wireless technology design and related production will be heavily influenced by India.
5G has Potential to Change lives: PM
According to the prime minister, the usage of 5G technology will go beyond providing quick internet access and has the potential to alter lives. In order to fully utilise this new technology, PM Modi advised the executives of the telecom industry association to visit the nation’s universities and high schools. A supportive ecosystem for MSMEs to prepare replacement parts for electronic manufacturing was another thing he encouraged them to do.
5G Launch by PM Modi: 4 Pillars of Digital India
The prime minister explained that India concentrated on 4 Pillars, in four directions at once, emphasising the necessity for a comprehensive approach to Digital India.
- The cost of the gadget/Device
- Digital connectivity
- Cost of data,
And the most crucial
- The notion of “digital first”
According to the prime minister, the usage of 5G technology will go beyond providing quick internet access and has the potential to alter lives.