N S Rajan, new chairman of ASCI: The election of N S Rajan, Director of August One Partners LLP, as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) was done. Of the board meeting that followed the 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ASCI, Saugata Gupta, Managing Director & CEO, Marico Limited, was elected Vice-Chairman, and Shashidhar Sinha, Chief Executive Officer at IPG Mediabrands India, was named Honorary Treasurer.
N S Rajan, new chairman of ASCI: Key Points
- Arun Srinivas, Director of GMS India (Meta), and Virat Tandon, Group CEO of Lintas India, were both appointed to the board at the meeting.
- The recently announced ASCI Academy, which plans to move ASCI in the direction of training and awareness development and deep involvement with many stakeholders in the avoidance of problematic advertisements, was just announced by the industry regulator at the AGM.
- According to ASCI, the academy wants to have an influence at the time of invention rather than just after publishing.
- Subhash Kamath, the outgoing chairman, will be a member of the board’s Consultative Committee, which among other things fosters the organization’s new projects.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Director of GMS India (Meta): Arun Srinivas
- Group CEO of Lintas India: Virat Tandon