The 5th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Madhya Pradesh from 31st January to 11th February 2023. The event was felicitated by Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur, and Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Indigenous games will be a part of the upcoming Khelo India Youth Games. Madhya Pradesh has made the sport of Mallakhamb their state sport for supporting the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to support Olympics sports and indigenous sports in the same manner.
Key Points related to Khelo India Youth Games
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur announced that the 5th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Madhya Pradesh.
- Khelo India Youth Games will be held in eight locations.
- More than 8500 athletes and sportspersons are expected that participate in the KIYG 2023.
- Khelo India Youth Games started in 2016 and since then, it has provided an effective platform for the youth of India to showcase their talents in sports.
- Anurag Thakur praised Madhya Pradesh for showing interest in every sector and improving its infrastructure of sports and building up infrastructure for shooting and water sports.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Anurag Thakur for providing the opportunity to Madhya Pradesh.
- The Khelo India Youth Games will feature 27 disciplines in total. In the history of the Khelo India Youth Games, water sports are also included for the first time.