Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 across the nation from 1st September till 30th September. Rashtriya Poshan Maah serves as a platform to bring focus to the discourse of nutrition and good health. Maah serves as a platform to bring focus to the discourse of nutrition and good health. In the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah, the aim is to convert Jan Andolan into Jan Bhagidari to fulfil the Prime Minister’s vision of a Suposhit Bharat. The Central Theme of Poshan Maah 2022 is “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”.
What is Poshan Maah?
Poshan Maah is being celebrated as part of the POSHAN Abhiyaan, the Central Government’s flagship programme which aims to improve nutritional outcomes for children under 6 years of age, pregnant women and lactating mothers. As part of the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah, the ministry plans to rope in the Gram Panchayats as Poshan Panchayats with the key focus on Women’s Health and Children’s Education.
Scheme for Holistic Nutrition- POSHAN Abhiyaan is Government’s flagship programme to improve nutritional outcomes for children under six years, adolescent Girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the programme from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan on 8 March 2018. Focusing on the aims of POSHAN Abhiyaan, the government has launched Mission Poshan 2.0 as an integrated nutrition support program.
The activities will be organised with the following key objectives:
- Spreading Awareness about Nutrition at the Grassroot level
- Conduct Sensitization Drive to make citizens aware of the importance of nutrition
- Identification and Outreach programmes for pregnant and lactating women
- Awareness Drives, Camps and Fairs for children below six years and adolescent girls
- Highlight objectives of ‘Swasth Bharat’ and plan activities to sensitize citizens about it