Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has signed License Agreement and Transfer of Technology (ToT) with Defence Research and Development Organisation–Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDO–DRDL) for Akash Missile Weapon System (Indian Army Variant).
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
About Akash Missile:
- Akash Missile is the first medium-range Surface to Air missile produced in India which can engage multiple targets from multiple directions.
- The missile flies at a speed of nearly 860 meters per second at a maximum altitude of 18 km.
- The Akash missile was designed and developed by DRDO and manufactured by BDL.
- The aerial targets like jets, drones, air to surface missiles at a distance of 30 km can be targeted using Akash.
- The missile can be launched from mobile platforms like tanks and trucks.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Defence Research and Development Organization Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Defence Research and Development Organization Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy.
- Chairman and Managing Director Bharat Dynamics Limited: Siddharth Mishra.
- Head Office of Bharat Dynamics Limited: Hyderabad, Telangana.
Find More News Related to Defence