Indian Medical Association has selected Dr. K. Venugopal, chief consultant in respiratory medicine at General Hospital, Alappuzha (City in Kerala) for the Indian Medical Association (IMA) awards under the category of community service. He will receive the award at a function to be held at IMA headquarters in New Delhi on July 1,2023
About National doctors’ day
- National Doctors’ Day is celebrated on 01 July every year in India for the past 32 years.
- It is celebrated to honour the legendary and renowned doctor Bidhan Chandra Roy, a politician, a freedom fighterand an advocate for education.
- The theme for National Doctors’ Day 2022 was “Family Doctors on the Front Line.”
About Indian Medical Association
- It was Formed in 1928 & is Headquartered in New Delhi.
- President of Indian Medical Association is Sahajanand Prasad Singh.