E-commerce major Amazon India has announced the launch of Amazon Future Engineer, its global computer science education programme in India. The programme will enable access to quality computer science education and career opportunities for students from underrepresented and underserved communities. In the first year of its launch, Amazon aims to enable and deliver learning opportunities to more than 1 lakh students from 900 government and aided schools across seven states in India.
About the programme:
- Amazon Future Engineer aims to address the gap by bringing early exposure and access to computer science education to students through in-person, online and blended learning formats.
- Amazon is working with its global knowledge partner Code.org, a global non-profit organization dedicated to computer science education.
- Amazon Future Engineer programme in India will focus on the students of 6-12 class and it will also provide training to teachers for teaching computer science in a more engaging way.
- Amazon is running this kind of programme in the US, the UK, Canada, and France.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Amazon CEO: Andrew R. Jassy;
- Amazon Founded: 5 July 1994.