An online payment processing service, Amazon Pay and a technology company that offers vehicles for hire, Uber, announced a partnership to push digital payments in India. This Partnership will integrate Amazon Pay as a payment option on the Uber app.
About the partnership:
- This partnership aims at enabling millions of customers to make contactless, safe, and secure payments for their Uber rides.
- To facilitate their Uber trip, customers will need to link their Amazon Pay account to Uber by clicking on the ‘Payments’ icon and choosing Amazon Pay.
- In order to make the payment process as seamless as possible, the ride fare for any subsequent Uber trips will be automatically paid from their Amazon Pay balance after the completion of a trip.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uber Technologies Inc CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi.
- Uber Technologies Inc Headquarters: California, United States.