Andaman and Nicobar Islands became the first Indian state/UT to achieve 100 percent coverage of precautionary dose. More than 2,87,216 beneficiaries aged 18 have been vaccinated with a precautionary dose. After 15th July, the rate of vaccination has seen a spike when the government decided to provide free-of-cost precautionary doses on the occasion of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
Key Points related to Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- The healthcare workers reached households and organized several camps to intensify the campaign.
- The camps were organized in the Urban as well as Rural areas which received a good response.
- The set target has been achieved before the set time limit of the 30th of September.
- The Nicobar district has been fully vaccinated with a precautionary dose.
- Later the North and Middle Andaman and South Andaman districts were fully vaccinated.
- The precautionary doses included Corbevax and Covishield.