The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched ‘YSR Bima’, a scheme to provide financial assistance through insurance cover to the beneficiary in case of death or accident of their families members. All families with white ration cards are eligible for YSR Bima scheme. Village/ward volunteers will visit the families and enrol the names of the primary householders.
About “YSR Bima” Scheme:
- The claim amount will be directly credited into the beneficiary bank account within 15 days of making the claim.
- Apart from this, immediate assistance of Rs 10,000 will be provided to the families through village and ward secretariats.
- The scheme will benefit 1.41 crore BPL families of the state.
- An amount of Rs 510 crore would be paid by the state government annually as an insurance premium for this scheme.
- This will also make Andhra Pradesh as the first state in the country to single-handedly fund the insurance scheme.
Category wise insurance amount covered under the scheme:
- Accidental death and total permanent disability for people aged between 18-50 years: Rs 5 lakh.
- Accidental death and total permanent disability for people aged between 51-70 years: Rs 3 lakh.
- Natural death cases (18-50 years): Rs 2 lakh.
- Partial permanent disability in an accident case (18-70 years): Rs 1.5 lakh.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy; Governor: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.