The Assam government would provide Rs 830 per month each to 17 lakh poor families under the ambitious “Orunodoi” scheme, to financially empower women. The scheme would be the biggest scheme in Assam. A sum of Rs 280 crore has been earmarked for the new scheme.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: WARRIOR 2.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
About the “Orunodoi” scheme:
- Under the “Orunodoi” scheme, while selecting the beneficiaries, there would be economic criteria and “those who have certain movable and immovable assets including land, big houses, vehicles, electronic gadgets, and most government and semi-government employees, would be excluded”.
- Under the “Orunodoi” scheme, Rs 830 per month aid would mean an additional annual income of Rs 10,000 to the poor households to meet their medical, nutritional, and academic needs besides to meet the additional spending during various festivals,”.
- Under the “Orunodoi” scheme, priority would be given to households with widows, divorced, unmarried or separated women, and disabled persons.
- To avail the benefits of the scheme, the beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Assam and their composite household income should be less than Rs 2 lakh per annum.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Assam Capital: Dispur.
- Assam Governor: Jagdish Mukhi.
- Assam Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal.