The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has launched a development programme for public sector bank management with the goal of boosting the quality of bank boards. The nine-month Directors’ Development Programme (DDP) is made for directors of Public Sector Banks and financial institutions with the main objective of improving director effectiveness and increasing their impact on boards, according to the Banks Board Bureau.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- This programme is aimed to help the directors think about the business’s future and upgrade themselves to be a source of wisdom and counsel for management and stakeholders in order to improve PSB’s performance levels in the world scenario.
- The curriculum, developed in partnership with IBA and others, will assist in empowering and enriching the board of directors, which is crucial for decision-making.
- Financial Services Secretary Sanjay Malhotra, who is also a BBB member, remarked that there is no end to what can be learned during this course.
- It added that the programme includes seminars, face-to-face interactive sessions, and self-paced online modules, and that the methodology is based on a practitioners approach, with introduction and refresher portions for new and experienced directors, respectively.
- Participants will be able to put their new knowledge into practise through facilitated case studies, simulations, and role plays, according to the announcement.
- Interaction with the corporate leaders and industry experts will increase awareness of key issues, according to the report.
Banks Board Bureau:
The BBB was established in 2016 as a headhunter for state-owned banks and financial organisations. It was also given the job of working with the boards of directors of all PSBs to develop acceptable growth and development strategies.