The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced its partnership with Mobile Premier League (MPL) Sports, the athleisure wear and sports merchandise brand from Mobile Premier League, India’s largest esports platform, as the new kit sponsor and official merchandise partner for the Indian Cricket Team.
Under the newly-inked strategic partnership:
- MPL Sports has entered into a three-year agreement from November 2020 to December 2023.
- MPL Sports’ association with the BCCI begins with upcoming India’s tour of Australia, 2020-21, which will see Team India sporting the new jerseys.
- The senior men and women and the Under-19 teams are also a part of the deal for the new kits.
- Apart from Team India jerseys, MPL Sports will also sell licensed Team India merchandise.
- MPL Sports will offer the jerseys and its wide range of Team India merchandise to fans at affordable prices.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- President of BCCI: Sourav Ganguly.
- Headquarters of BCCI: Mumbai, Maharashtra; Founded: December 1928.
- MPL Founded: September 2018
Headquarters of MPL: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Co-Founder and CEO of MPL: Sai Srinivas Kiran G.