The chief minister (CM) of Goa, Pramod Sawant has launched a ‘Beach Vigil App’, a collaboration between Information Technology (IT) sector and tourism sector that aims to benefit tourists and the institutions working in the beach tourism sector in a holistic management of beaches.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the app:
- Through the Beach Vigil App, the Drishti workers, police and other stakeholders can raise issues for safeguarding the interest of the tourist’s.During the launch, Goa IT and Tourism Minister Rohan Khaunte was also present.
- The app will cover everything from reporting illegal hawkers and illegal massage services to beach cleanliness. The Public Health Foundation of India report on India’s rape related crimes states that Goa has documented the highest increase of 559.4% in the last two decades, or 5.6 times the national average.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Goa Governor: P.S. Sreedharan Pillai;
- Goa Wildlife Sanctuaries: Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, Cotigao Wildlife
Sanctuary, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary;
- Goa Festivals: Goa Mango Festival.