Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Smiths Detection, a global leader in threat detection and security inspection technologies, for offering advanced, high-energy scanning systems to the Indian market. The MoU, signed for a period of five years and can be extended further by mutual consent, will leverage the high-end, technological capabilities of both firms to meet India’s domestic security needs.
As per the agreement:
- BEL would handle front-end requirements in the market, supporting localisation of the projects while Smiths Detection would provide advanced screening technology and technological expertise for the project.
- Also, to facilitate ease of doing business and enhance safety, the union government has been investing in port and land border security.
- Moreover, the requirement for industry-leading high-energy scanning technology is being driven by Defence installations, which need to screen large volumes of vehicles and impose restricted entry at sensitive areas, as per the company.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Founded: 1954;
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Headquarters: Bengaluru.