Bharti AXA General Insurance, a private non-life insurer becomes the 1st company in India to use Whatsapp chatbot. Through this service, the company started delivering policies and renewal premium to its customers. It plans to sell the private car, two-wheeler and travel insurance through a WhatsApp chatbot.
Some features of WhatsApp Chatbot:
- It is an Instant Messaging platform to be connected with the policyholders anytime, anywhere.
- It is a user- friendly chat structure where the customers could raise requests through numeric inputs, which reduces the difficulty of the customers.
- To initiate Whatsapp support & updates, customers should give a missed call to the company on its specific number.
- With the use of Whatsapp chatbot, the time is reduced from 8-9 minutes for a call to immediate & instant closures.
- Customers can register motor claims & check claim status & a branch locator feature is also available.
- By providing the pin code of the city/town in the chatbot it helps to locate the nearest cashless network of garages & hospitals.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of Bharti AXA General Insurance: Mumbai, India.
- MD & CEO of Bharti AXA General Insurance: Sanjeev Srinivasan.