New Governor of Meghalaya: At the Raj Bhavan in Shillong, Brigadier (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd. ), the governor of Arunachal Pradesh, assumed the role of governor of Meghalaya. After previous Governor Satya Pal Malik’s term ended because he did not receive a term extension, he has been handed the extra responsibility. The oath was delivered by Justice Harman Singh Thangkhiew, acting chief justice of Meghalaya.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Brig. B.D. Mishra – new Governor of Meghalaya: Key Points
- Brig. B. D. Mishra recalled that he had previously visited Shillong during the conflict of 1971, therefore this was not his first time there.
- The swearing-in event included participation from Speaker Metbah Lyngdoh, Home Minister Lahkmen Rymbui, Cabinet Minister Banteidor Lyngdoh, Hamletson Dohling, and other authorities.
- Brig. B. D. Mishra is a combat veteran who fought for India in three significant conflicts in 1962, 1965, and 1971. On October 3, 2017, he became the official governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Meghalaya: Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Capital of Meghalaya: Shillong
- Chief Minister of Meghalaya: Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Acting chief justice of Meghalaya: Justice Harman Singh Thangkhiew