The Personnel Ministry announced that the central government has launched a new collection of courses called “Dakshta” (Development of Attitude, Knowledge, Skill for Holistic Transformation in Administration) on the iGOT Karmayogi Platform.
- The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has established Karmayogi Bharat, a government-owned not-for-profit special purpose vehicle, to steer the mission’s fundamental goals.
- It’s charged with the ownership, management, maintenance, and enhancement of the iGOT Karmayogi platform.
- Mission Karmayogi (National programme for civil services capacity building), in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of building a ‘Viksit Bharat’, plays an important role in nurturing a smart, citizen-friendly, and future-ready public workforce.
- This platform is a comprehensive guide for government officials seeking to develop their capacity-building skills.
- The Dakshta collection contains 18 courses designed to equip learners with the necessary knowledge and skills required to perform their duties effectively.
- These courses cover a range of topics, including data-driven decision making, office procedures, effective communication, public policy research, and stress management. Currently, 40 young professionals and consultants from the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) are undergoing phased induction training through the curated collection of courses on offer.
- The courses are provided by esteemed institutions such as Wadhwani Foundation, ISTM (Institute of Secretariat Training and Management), MoEFCC (Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change), MDNIY (Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga), IIM-B (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore), Microsoft, and others.