West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched a new campaign “Didi’r Surakha Kavach” for her party, Trinamool Congress. The campaign “Didi’r Surakha Kavach” ahead of the panchayat polls due in April. The “Didi’r Surakha Kavach” will begin on 10th January 2023.
The campaign will continue for 60 days during which the workers of the party will reach out to the people across the state and ensure that everyone can avail of the welfare schemes of the state government.
‘Didir Suraksha Kavach’ Campaign- Key Points
- During the “Didi’r Surakha Kavach” campaign every leader of the party, MP, and MLA will stay at people’s homes for 10 nights.
- TMCs campaign in 2021 has resonance with Bengal voters and Mamata Banerjee will have to replicate something along those lines to ensure similar results in the Panchayat polls.
- Mamata Banerjee will focus on her government’s performance with state schemes as well as the implementation of central government schemes.
- The “Didi’r Surakha Kavach” was launched on 2nd January 2023.
- The campaign was launched by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and TMC national general secretary Abhishek Banerjee, and State President Subrata Bakshi.
- The objective of the campaign is to reach and connect with the people similar to the ‘Duare Sarkar’ (Government at Doorstep)
- According to the campaign, 3.5 lakh party workers will reach out to around 10 crore people in the state.
- To ensure the welfare of the people of Bengal, the “Didi’r Surakha Kavach” will cover 15 GoWB schemes.