China has released a new geological map of the moon, which it says is the most detailed to date, registering even finer details of the lunar surface than mapped by the US in 2020. The new map, which has details of craters and structures not charted before, will assist in further research of the moon. The world’s most detailed map of the moon released by China is expected to make a great contribution to the scientific research, exploration, and landing site selection on the moon.
Moon Map Released by China: Key points
- The new comprehensive geological map of the moon released by China is to a scale of 1:2,500,000. It is the most detailed moon map to date.
- The moon map includes the 12,341 impact craters, 17 rock types, 81 impact basins, and 14 types of structures.
- The new significant details of moon map have provided abundant information about the geology of the moon and its evolution.
- The most detailed map of the moon was published by Science Bulletin on May 30, 2022.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- China Capital: Beijing;
- China Currency: Renminbi;
- China President: Xi Jinping.