Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar has launched the country’s first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine “Anocovax” for animals, developed by Haryana-based ICAR-National Research Centre on Equines (NRC). Anocovax is an inactivated SARS-CoV-2 Delta (COVID-19) vaccine for animals. The immunity induced by Anocovax neutralises both Delta and Omicron variants of SARS-CoV-2.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The vaccine contains inactivated SARS-CoV-2 (Delta) antigen with Alhydrogel as an adjuvant. It is safe for dogs, lions, leopards, mice and rabbits, it added.
- The COVID-19 vaccine for animals, Anocovax, is effective and capable of neutralising both Delta and Omicron variants of SARS-CoV-2.
Antibody Detection Kits for Animals:
- The Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar also launched ‘CAN-CoV-2 ELISA kit’, an antibody detection kit against SARS-CoV-2 for animals.
- It is a sensitive and specific nucleocapsid protein-based indirect ELISA kit.
- The antibody detection kit has also been indigenously developed in India and a patent has been filed for it.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here