The country’s largest para-military force, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has collaborated with IIT Delhi, Defence Research and Development Organisation, and Joint Advanced Technology Centre (JATC) to augment its Research and Development capabilities.
The CRPF officers/SOs(Subordinate Officers) who are trained by the IIT Delhi will also be associated with joint research projects undertaken by DRDO and IIT Delhi in the field of defence/security tech solutions. CRPF has over 3 lakh personnel, of which more than 500 officers/SOs holds a degree in Engineering.
The benefit of the Initiative
- This initiative aims at the capacity building to make optimal use of police technologies.
- It will also help in integrating with DRDO labs for realistic Indigenisation of technologies on the internal security grid.
- It will also provide operational feedback on futuristic technologies, which enable the IIT Tech experts to conduct proactive R&D.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Central Reserve Police Force Director-General: AP Maheshwari.
- Central Reserve Police Force Headquarters: New Delhi, India.