Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has partnered with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to promote innovation in India. AIM is a Government of India flagship initiative that promotes a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. Both organizations have signed a letter of intent to boost innovation ecosystem of the country.
Major areas of mutual interest are:
- The partnership will support world class start-ups through CSIR Incubators under the Atal Innovation mission initiatives.
- They will jointly work on new models of innovation and will also set-up CSIR Innovation Parks.
- With the collaboration of CSIR with ARISE, an initiative of AIM, they will together stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
- It will also create problem solving mind-set across schools in India via close cooperation between Atal Tinkering Labs and Jigyasa. JIGYASA is CSIRs Student-Scientist connect program where in more than 3 lakhs students across the country have been exposed to science and technology.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Vice Chairperson of Niti Aayog: Rajiv Kumar; CEO: Amitabh Kant.
- Director General of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research: Shekhar C Mande.