The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to support the development, conduct and promotion of health research in India. Gates Foundation and CSIR will work together to identify opportunities to initiate scientific and technological collaborations. These will focus on developing and testing new preventions, therapies and interventions that can help to solve major health concerns that affect India and other developing countries.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Areas of research collaboration:
- Genetic diseases that impact infant and neonatal mortality;
- New diagnostics and devices for infectious disease and environmental surveillance;
- Development of cost-effective processes for drug, vaccines, biologics, and diagnostics manufacturing;
- Novel microbiome-directed foods;
- Socio-economic impact of science and technological tools;
- Other areas of health and development.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- CSIR Head: Shekhar C. Mande.
- CSIR Founded: 26 September 1942.
- CSIR HQ: New Delhi.
Find More News Related to Agreements