Cuttack Baliyatra has made it into the Guinness World Record after achieving the feat of making 22,000 paper boats in 35 minutes. During the Baliyatra festival, more than 2,100 students from 22 schools made paper boats and created a world record at an event organized at Barabati Stadium by the district administration and Cuttack Municipal Corporation.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Cuttack Baliyatra Enters Guinness World Records – Key Points
- The world record was attempted to attain global recognition for Cuttack’s Baliyatra, the largest open-air trade fair in the state.
- The headquarters of the Guinness World Records in London was contacted for an attempt to make 10,000 paper boats in just 15 minutes.
- The record book authorities had issued the protocol for organizing the event and the administration roped in around 3,000 students who have also imparted training on making paper boats.
- The size and weight of the paper boats were prescribed by the record book authorities.
- The Guinness World Record was awarded for ‘the most people folding origami sculptures simultaneously’.
- The government after considering all the aspects has extended the fair by one day.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here