The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has announced the re-appointment of T M Bhasin as chairman of the Advisory Board for Banking and Financial Frauds (ABBFF). The panel was constituted to examine bank frauds of over Rs 50 crore and recommend action. The former vigilance commissioner, CVC, Mr Bhasin will now continue to head the board for a further period of two years, with effect from August 21, 2021.
Other members of reconstituted ABBFF are:
- Former secretary of Ministry of Urban Development: Madhusudan Prasad;
- Former director-general of BSF: D K Pathak;
- Former managing director of EXIM Bank: David Rasquinha.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Central Vigilance Commission formed: February 1964.
- Central Vigilance Commission Headquarters: New Delhi.