Who represented India as flagbearers at the closing ceremony of CWG 2022?
Indian Olympic Association (IOA) announced table tennis player Achanta Sharath Kamal and Boxer Nikhat Zareen as the Flagbearers of India for the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2022 at Birmingham. Achanta Sharath Kamal won gold in Commonwealth Games 2022 at Birmingham by defeating Liam Pitchford in the finals and Nikhat Zareen also won gold by defeating Mc Naul in the finals of the boxing light flyweight event under the 50kg category at Commonwealth Games 2022.
Commonwealth Games 2022 Closing Ceremony: Key Points
- Sharath Kamal, 40 years old, has a rich haul of four medals in this edition of the Games with gold in the men’s team and mixed team and silver medal in the men’s doubles.
- Nikhat Zareen on the other hand is the world champion in boxing. She won gold at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in the boxing light flyweight event under the 50kg category.
- Nikhat Zareen and Sharath Kamal were announced as the Flagbearers of India for the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- At the Opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2022, PV Sindhu and Manpreet Singh were the Flagbearers.
- The Flagbearers of the closing ceremony were announced by IOA secretary-general Rajeev Mehta, acting president Anil Khanna and India’s Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Chef de mission Rajesh Bhandari.