India-Africa Defence Dialogue to be held on the sidelines of DefExpo 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The dialogue aims to explore new areas of convergence for mutual engagement, including areas like capacity building, training, cyber security, maritime security, and counter-terrorism.
Key Points related to the India-Africa Defence Dialogue
- The theme of the India-Africa Defence Dialogue is India-Africa: Adopting Strategy for Synergising and strengthening Defence and Security Corporation.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will host the Defence Ministers of African Nations.
- India and Africa share close historical relations.
- India’s approach towards Africa is guided by the Kampala Principles enunciated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
- The first ever India-Africa Defence Ministers Conclave was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in 2020, in conjunction with DefExpo.
- In continuance of the ‘Lucknow Declaration’ and in consultation with stakeholders, IAAD has been Institutionalised to be held once every two years on the sidelines of DefExpo.