Union Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurial Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan signed an MoU with FIFA and the All India Football Federation for the ‘Football4Schools’ initiative in India. FIFA President, Mr. Gianni Infantino, and President, of All India Football Federation, Shri Kalyan Chaubey signed MoU on behalf of the respective organizations.
The event was felicitated by the Minister of State, Ministry of Home Affairs and Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Nitish Pramanik, Minister for School Education and Marathi Language- Maharastra Shri Deepak Kesarkar, Commissioner, Nayodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Shri Vinayak Garg and officials of All India Football Federation.
Key Points related to Football4Schools
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan informed that sports have been given a place of pride in NEP 2020 and the Football4Schools program espouses the spirit of NEP2020.
- Sports has been given a place of pride in NEP 2020.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emphasized mainstreaming of sports with education.
- Football4Schools program is a step towards translating Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision.
- He also expressed his gratitude and happiness towards FIFA, the All India Football Federation, and the Ministry of Education.
- Football is an immensely popular sport in India and the Football4Schools program uses it as a positive tool to inspire children and ensure their holistic development.