The Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) has developed a web portal named ‘AIR SUVIDHA’ for India-bound international passengers. The online forms have been developed in collaboration with various state governments, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
About ‘AIR SUVIDHA’:
- This portal is meant for India-bound international arriving flyers, to enable them to fill the mandatory self-declaration form.
- Eligible passengers can also apply online for exemption from mandatory institution quarantine process.
- The “AIR SUVIDHA” portal will make travelling contactless as the passengers won’t have to fill physical copies of self-declaration and quarantine exemption forms when they arrive in India.
- All other international passengers arriving in India have to follow the usual process of undergoing mandatory seven-days institutional quarantine, at their own cost, followed by seven days of home quarantine.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare: Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- Union Minister of External Affairs: Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.