Indian External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar recently visited Kyrgyzstan for a two-day trip. During his visit, he discussed various areas of cooperation with Kyrgyz President Sadyr Zhaparov. This visit also includes Jaishankar’s participation in a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
Bilateral Collaboration Talks
- Jaishankar engaged in discussions with President Sadyr Zhaparov to explore opportunities for enhancing cooperation in banking, defense, and energy sectors.
- They discussed a wide range of areas such as banking, energy, health, pharmaceuticals, defense, agriculture, and investments.
- Jaishankar will participate in the SCO Council of Heads of Government (CHG) meeting hosted by Kyrgyzstan.
- This meeting will include key figures like the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and the Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) confirmed Jaishankar’s visit and his role in leading the Indian delegation for the SCO meeting.
- The MEA stated that Jaishankar would also meet with his counterparts from other SCO member states and call on Kyrgyzstan’s top leadership.
- This visit reflects India’s commitment to maintaining and strengthening diplomatic ties within the SCO framework.
- It aims to promote regional cooperation and meaningful dialogue among member states.
- The SCO plays a vital role in addressing regional and global challenges, encouraging economic cooperation, and facilitating discussions on political and security matters among its member countries.