Union Minister of State for Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, and Dairying Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan conferred the National Gopal Ratna Award to the farmers, Cooperatives, and technicians involved in Artificial Insemination for their exemplary contribution towards milk production in India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan Conferred National Gopal Ratna Award – Key Points
- The award was conferred during the National Milk Day event at Dr. Babu Rajendra Prasad International Convention Centre, GKVK Campus, Bengaluru.
- India is the highest milk producer with a 33 percent contribution to global production.
- There are 222 cooperatives in the countries with over 17 million farmers supplying milk.
- The National Milk Day was celebrated to commemorate the 101st birth anniversary of Dr. Verghese Kurien, also known as the ‘Father of White Revolution.
About National Gopal Ratna Award
National Gopal Award is one of the highest National Awards in the livestock and dairy sector field. The National Gopal Ratna Award has an objective to recognize and encourage all individuals like farmers rearing indigenous animals. AI Technicians and Dairy cooperative societies, Milk Producer Companies, and Dairy Farmer’s Producers Organizations working in this sector.
Three categories of the Award
- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle/Buffalo breeds.
- Best Artificial Insemination Technician.
- Best Dairy Cooperative/Milk Producer Company/Dairy Producer Organization.