Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully carried out the final trial of the third generation, anti-tank guided missile ‘NAG’, from the Pokhran field firing ranges in Rajasthan. The successful final user trial of the missile makes the Nag anti-tank missile ready for induction in the Indian Army. Following the final trial, the missile will now enter into the production phase.
Boost your General Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | SBI Clerk Mains & RBI Assistant Mains Exams
- The Nag anti-tank guided missile has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), to engage highly fortified enemy tanks in the day and night conditions.
- It has an operational range of 500 m to 20 km.
- It will be manufactured by defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP), of DRDO.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- DRDO Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy.
- DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi.
Find More News Related to Defence