In the presence of Shri Narayan Rane, Honorable Cabinet Minister, Shri Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, Honorable Minister of State, Shri B. B. Swain, Secretary MSME, Shri P. Udayakumar, CMD, NSIC, and Shailesh Kumar Singh, AS&DC, National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) signed an agreement with LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd. and the Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI).
- The goal of this project is to train underprivileged youth in the fields of consumer electronics and appliances.
- LG Electronics and the Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) will establish a “Centre of Excellence” at NSIC – Technical Services Center.
- This will give young people new opportunities in the field of electronics and produce skilled labour for jobs in this industry.
- 600 youths would be served each year in the first year.
About NSIC Role:
- Along with the sector skills council, the NSIC will assist graduates in finding employment at job fairs, and LG Electronics will give them preference for positions over graduates of the NSIC’s Technical Services Center (Okhla) programme.
- The NSIC Technical Services Center, Okhla, has taken the lead in educating young people through entrepreneurship-based training programmes and numerous skill-based training courses.
- The training programmes offered by NSIC are market- and industry-focused.
- The NTSC (Okhla) has knowledge partnerships with a number of the industry’s top players, including Schneider Electric in electrical and solar energy solutions, Delta in PLC, SCADA, and distributed control systems, Mitutoyo in quality control, and Tally in accounting.
- These technologies are used by NTSC (Okhla) to teach the trainees technical skills that are applicable to the industry.
- Tae Jin Chang, Head of Customer Service, LG India, and Mr. O. P. Singh, Centre Head, NTSC(Okhla), signed the Memorandum of Understanding.